Tuesday, May 20, 2008

In honor of mothers-

These are great page toppers for scrapbooking.... (Thanks Amy C for posting these!)
Because I'm the mom, that's why!
Call Your Mother She Worries.
Caution, Mom is stressed
Every mother is a working mother.
Mama don't allow no pouting here
MOM - Maker of Miracles
Moms are the treasures of the world
Mom's Day Off
Mom's the Word
Mommie Dearest
The Momster
Mother is Another Word for Love
Mother Knows Best
Mother, May I ..
Mothers make the world go round
Mum's the Word
My greatest Blessings call me mommy
No one hugs like Mom!
Nobody Cares Like a Mom
Nobody Does It Better
Super Mom
This is what a great mom looks like
Quotes:
All mother's are working mothers.

As a mother my job is to take care of the possible and trust God with the impossible.
(Ruth Bell Graham)
Because I'm the Mom; that's why!
Being a full-time mother is one of the highest
salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.
(Mildred B. Vermont)
Being a mother is learning about strengths you didn't know you had...
and dealing with fears you didn't know existed.
(Linda Wooten)
By the time a woman realizes that maybe her mother was right,
she has a daughter who thinks everything she does is wrong.
Every mother knows when children say they are doing nothing,
they are in to mischief.
Father knows best, but Mom knows better!
Flowers have the sun, children have their mothers.
Good mothers, like bad ones, sometimes holler and spank,
but the children know the difference.
Home is where a mother's love surrounds with tender care
I knew I had relinquished even my subconscious to motherhood when I found myself tying double knots in my own shoelaces.
M is for MOM, not Maid!
Mirror, mirror on the wall,
I am my Mother after all.
Mom stands for Mother; NOT Made-Of-Money!
Most mothers hate four letter words,especially: cook, wash, iron and dust!
Mother and Love: different only in name,
the miracles they work are one and the same.
A mother is a rock in the midst of chaos.
A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie
for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.
(Tenneva Jordan)
Mother - a shoulder to cry on,
a smile to count on, a love to live on.
A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary.
Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.
(Marion C. Garretty)
The mother of three notoriously unruly youngsters was asked
whether or not she'd have children if had it to do over again.
"Sure," she replied. "But not the same ones."
( I WOULD have the same ones!)
A mother understands what a child does not say.
(Jewish proverb)
A mother understands when no one else can!
Motherhood: If it were going to be easy, it never would have started with something called labor. Barbara Johnson
Motherhood is full of frustrations and challenges, but eventually they move out.
(UH-HEM MARNE ARE YOU READING??? hEheheheh)
Motherhood is not for wimps!
Mothers are not paid for their work because it is priceless!
A Mother's Heart Is as Big as the World
A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world.
It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down
remorselessly all that stands in its path.
(Agatha Christie)
A mother's love is like an ever-burning candle,
a warm bright ray, whose light is always there to help along the way.
A mother's love is the heart of the home
A mother's love never ages.
Mothers of teenagers know why animals eat their young.
My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it.(Mark Twain)
An ounce of mother is worth a pound of clergy. (Spanish Proverb)
When a mother hasn't enough will power to discipline her children,
she calls the weakness child psychology.
Who ran to help me when I fell, and would some pretty story tell or kiss the place and make it well, my mother.
You can fool some of the people some of the time,
but you can't fool MOM!I


Loved You Enough To... (by Erma Bombeck)
We all know that being a Mom is the hardest, most rewarding job on the face of this Earth.
"You don't love me!" How many times have your kids laid that one on you? And how many times have you, as a parent, resisted the urge to tell them how much?
Someday, when my children are old enough to understand the logic that motivates a mother,
I'll tell them...
I loved you enough to bug you about where you were going, with whom and what time you would get home. (KELSEY)
I loved you enough to insist you buy a bike with your own money, which wecould afford, and you couldn't.
I loved you enough to be silent and let you discover your hand picked friendwas a creep.
I loved you enough to stand over you for two hours while you cleaned yourbedroom, a job that would have taken me 15 minutes.
I loved you enough to say, "Yes, you can go to Disney World on Mother'sDay."
I loved you enough to let you see anger, disappointment, disgust, and tears in my eyes.
I loved you enough not to make excuses for your lack of respect or your bad manners.
I loved you enough to admit that I was wrong and ask for your forgiveness.
I loved you enough to ignore "what every other mother" did or said.
I loved you enough to let you stumble, fall, hurt, and fail.
I loved you enough to let you assume the responsibility for your ownactions, at 6, 10, or 16. JON!!
I loved you enough to figure you would lie about the party being chaperoned,but forgave you for it...after discovering I was right.(WHICH I USUALLY AM!)
I loved you enough to shove you off my lap, let go of your hand, be mute to your pleas and insensitive to your demands...so that you had to stand alone.
I loved you enough to accept you for what you are, and not what I wanted you to be.
But most of all, I loved you enough to say no when you hated me for it.
That was the hardest part of all.

---------------------------------Real Mothers
Real Mothers don't eat quiche; they don't have time to make it.
Real Mothers know that their kitchen utensils are probably in the sandbox.
Real Mothers often have sticky floors, filthy ovens and happy kids.
Real Mothers know that dried play dough doesn't come out of shag carpet.
Real Mothers don't want to know what the vacuum just sucked up.
Real Mothers sometimes ask "why me?" and get their answer when a littlevoice says, "because I love you best."
Real Mothers know that a child's growth is not measured by height or years or grade...
It is marked by the progression of Mama to Mommy to Mom.---------------------------------

Somebody said it takes about six weeks to get back to normal after you've had a baby...
Somebody doesn't know that once you're a mother, "Normal," is history.
Somebody said you learn how to be a mother by instinct...
Somebody never took a three- year-old shopping.
Somebody said being a mother is boring...
Somebody never rode in a car driven by a teenager with a driver's permit.
Somebody said if you're a 'good' mother, your child will 'turn out good'...
Somebody thinks a child comes with directions and a guarantee.
Somebody said "good" mothers never raise their voices...
Somebody never came out the back door just in time to see her child hit a golf ball through the neighbor's kitchen window.
Somebody said you don't need an education to be a mother.
Somebody neverhelped a fourth grader with her math.
Somebody said you can't love the fifth child as much as you love the first...
Somebody doesn't have five children.
Somebody said a mother can find all the answers to her child-rearing questions in the books...
Somebody never had a child stuff beans up his nose or in his ears.
Somebody said the hardest part of being a mother is labor and delivery...
Somebody never watched her 'baby' get on the bus for the first day of kindergarten - or on a plane headed for boot camp.
Somebody said a mother can do her job with her eyes closed and one hand tied behind her back...
Somebody never organized four giggling Brownies to sell cookies.
Somebody said a mother can stop worrying after her child gets married...
Somebody doesn't know that marriage adds a new son or daughter-in-law to a mother's heartstrings.
Somebody said a mother's job is done when her last child leaves home...
Somebody never had grandchildren.
Somebody said your mother knows you love her, so you don't need to tell her...
Somebody isn't a mother.

No comments:

Blog Archive